Where We Give
The Guilford Green Foundation gives to a wide variety of causes in the Guilford County area. Below are the major categories that we give to which range from community building to health issues. We do not give one-dimensionally. We try to touch the maximum amount of the community without spreading our support thin.
- Issue Advocacy/Public Policy: Efforts that are directed toward changing attitudes of the general public toward LGBTQ individuals or promote public policy changes that are beneficial to the LGBTQ community.
- LGBTQ & Ally Support: Efforts that support and strengthen the skills, competencies and abilities of LGBTQ and allied individuals that promote positive and affirming LGBTQ beliefs to self and others.
- Faith & Religion: Efforts that promote positive beliefs and acceptance by and for the LGBTQ community within the religious and faith community.
- HIV/AIDS: Efforts that address the physical, mental and public policy needs of individuals with and those affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Ally & Solidarity Building: Efforts that are primarily meant to promote positive and accepting relationships between the LGBTQ community and the majority community.
- Arts & Culture: Artistic efforts by the LGBTQ community or efforts that represent the LGBTQ community.
The Guilford Green Foundation uses a variety of means to support the community and give voice to the needs and problems the LGBTQ community faces. Below are some of the methods, tools, and means that we employ to help address the above categories.
- Advertising and Marketing
- Hosting a Conference, Seminar, or Speaker
- Technological Capacity
- Trainings or Workshops
Click here to see our current and past grant recipients.
Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919-807-2214. The license is not an endorsement by the State.